Monday, January 01, 2007

The Beach or Bust!

It's official. I don't want to grow up anymore. I think 22 is a fine age, and I would be happy to stay this old for the rest of my life. Now, you may think to yourself that my working at a retirement community for 4 years has finally caught up with me and I am scared to age. That's not it. I look forward to growing old and being settled with a big, loving family. However, I don't like the changes involved in growing up. I remember Jason telling me a few years ago how it was weird when friends graduate and move away. Ok, weird isn't the word. Depressing? Definitely more appropriate. My mom and brother are a little too far away, in my opinion. My other brother and friend/adopted brother-practically in another world. My best friend, gone home. My roommate/good friend-leaving in May. Is there an end to the madness? I think not. On the other hand, I am incredibly blessed beyond belief to have my dad's side of the family so close. And I have made some new friends that are lovely as well. It's just hard to watch people move away and start new chapters in their lives. I have lived in Arkansas all my life and love the state! I think it's the greatest there is! I've always thought I would live in Arkansas forever, never leave. Well, due to the recent evacuation of my dear close ones, I asked myself why I am staying. Why not move? And better yet, why not move to a place I absolutely adore-the beach! The only thing keeping me in Arkansas is my family. I love them to pieces. However, I feel like if I ever want to do something spontaneous like this, now might be the best time. While I am young, unattached, and can-it makes sense, right? I can always move back if I don't like it...or maybe I can convince everyone to join me! I am considering Florida...really anywhere with beautiful beaches and nice scenery! In all honesty, I may stay in Arkansas and just get a beachy calendar...but I am hoping that I branch out and move. What state do you suggest?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmm, and hmmmmmmmmm...."what state to I recommend?" I would have to say the goofy one. I have always been keen to that state. But for the chance that you are talking about a geographical location "state", how about Nepal. I love that one.
Big "box" hayes

11:41 PM  
Blogger taylorius said...

Texas. Duh.

just kidding. Texas beaches suck (except Padre Island). I guess I'd recommend one of the carolinas. It's cheaper than Cali and closer. Plus you won't have to deal with the governator. Although I've always wanted to go to Cali, so you should go there so I can visit.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much does an update cost?

8:43 PM  
Blogger leah marie. said...

omggg like i totally didnt know you had ever updated your blog??!!! totally rad! loveyougirl!

come freaking see a sister. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay...i think i check 2 times a week to see if my sister (the one I have not seen in almost 8 months) will update her blog. And what do i get?...nothing. "the beach or bust. the beach or bust"

I hope the beach will bust and that somebody...uh hem...will update her blog.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Ray said...

the beach or bust? still?

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home